Wellness Coach - Lakewood Family YMCA
The Lakewood Family YMCA in Lakewood, CA is looking for part time Wellness Coach(s) who will monitor the wellness center, keep the fitness floor clean and well-maintained, and provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement. Wellness Coach will be responsible for managing those functions in accordance with the stated mission and policies established by the YMCA
We are currently looking for Part time Wellness Coach(s) who can work a flexible schedule and are available at a various times: Schedule early mornings: 5:30am - 9:30am, 10:00am-4:00pm or 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekdays and some weekend shifts during special events.
- Greet members and answer questions in the wellness center.
- Provide equipment instruction and support to members.
- Build effective relationships with members and help members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Provide instruction to members on fitness and well-being.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Complete Member Experience Tours
- Satisfactorily keep the fitness area clean and well-maintained.
We are looking for Wellness Coach(s) who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas on how to create a better experience for our members welcome new approaches. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Two or more years of college preferred.
- Pursuing a degree in Exercise Science, Wellness Health Promotion or related health field preferred, or pursuing National Fitness Certification (NASM, ACE, AFAA, etc).
- Excellent customer service and general office skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Basic knowledge of computers and general office equipment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment
- Required certifications: CPR/AED/First Aid within 60 days of hire
- Criminal/Fingerprint clearance, Health Exam with cleared TB test, and Drug Test Screening.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention training.
YMCA COMPENTENCIES (LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $12 to $13/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time