Sports Coordinator- Los Cerritos YMCA
The Los Cerritos YMCA is currently looking for a Sports Program Coordinator who can deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Sports Coordinator will oversee the basketball program, and future sports programs that the branch implements. Additional responsibilities include creating and implementing a teen club (after school homework help, service projects in the community) Spanish speaking is preferred. Evenings and Saturdays are required during sports season.This is a full time position which include a comprehensive benefits package.We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
Primary job responsibilities will include:
1. Directs program activities to meet YMCA objectives.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
4. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
5. Assists in the development of program budget.
6. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
7. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
8. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
9. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
10. Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
11. Maintain open lines of communication with participant, staff and supervisor.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
1. College Degree and/or equivalent experience required.
2. CPR, First Aid and AED certification required.
3. 4 or more years experience in related field required.
4. Experience in program leadership and staff supervision required.
5. Ability to handle multiple assignments, organizational skills, basic PC and typing skills required.
6. Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance
7. Negative TB Test.
8. Must attend a new employee orientation within the first 90 days of employment.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths
and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. fitness and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Pay: $16.51 to $23.76/hour
Includes benefit package
Job Status: Part Time