Site Directors- Los Cerritos YMCA
The Los Cerritos YMCA is looking for part time Site Directors. As a Site Director, individual will supervise program participants and staff, as well as implement program curriculum in the classroom. We are looking for someone who will keep safety a top priority at all times and works well the children, parents, coworkers and school staff. The typical schedule will be Monday through Friday, before and after school (approximately 6:30-9:00 am and 2:30-6:30 pm)
A Site Director has the following responsibilities:
- Supervision and safety of young children in an afterschool setting.
- Program development, planning and supervision in accordance with Title 22 requirements and partner agencies and YMCA standards.
- Keeping site and program in compliance with State of California Licensing Regulations; correcting any deficiencies in the required manner, forwarding all inspection notices to supervisor.
- Supervision of staff and children in the program, administration of records and financial management (including the preparing and adherence to a yearly site budget), curriculum planning and implementation and public relations.
- Accurate counts on all children that attend as well as following up with absent children.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor as well as organize and run volunteer programs such as PAC (program advisory committees) and fundraisers.
- Assist in hiring, training and scheduling program staff and volunteers.
- Conduct and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Ensure that administrative requirements are met.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experien
We are looking for a Site Directors who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the children, parents and coworkers is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our participants. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, THE YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ITS WORKFORCE.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred and/or units required. 12 college units completed in Childhood Education/Child Development units and/or related courses required, including six units in core courses of Child Human Growth and Development and Child, Family & Community or Child & Family Relations. 3 units in Supervision/Administration of a Child Development Program also required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with and supervising children in a childcare center. With an exception of: 2 year experience required with an AA Degree, and 1 year with a BA degree.
- Complete CDSS Steps 1 & 2 within first month of employment.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification and Health & Safety Class required within first 3 months of employment.
- Criminal Clearance: including fingerprints
- Health Exam w/ negative TB test and negative drug test screening.
- Complete on-line child abuse prevention training and new employee orientation.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. While in this position the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $12.91 to $18.66/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time