Program Director, Healthy Community Lifestyle- Fairfield
GENERAL FUNCTION: Perform variety duties as it relates to the responsibility for the organization, delivery, and quality of the YMCA program(s) health and fitness and other related programs. Lead branch marketing/outreach efforts and special events. Develop and work with community partners.
- Creates and schedules fitness classes. Schedule and monitors instructor, healthy lifestyle counselors and other personnel. Maintain records of staff certifications.
- Maintains fitness equipment and facilities, purchase equipment, parts and supplies as authorized. Coordinates maintenance and repairs.
- Performs duties of instructor related positions as required by absence of staff.
- Design and implement new health, fitness, and wellness programs.
- Develop and maintain budgets and financial reporting as needed.
- Lead staff in Annual campaign division, special events, association wide events and fundraising activities.
- Development, promotion, management, evaluation, and growth of all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Hire, train and supervise staff and volunteers.
- Involve members in other YMCA programs (cross market).
- Acknowledges and celebrates the diversity among families, and uses supplies and equipment that reflect the diversity within the community.
- Needs of all participant and staff are integrated into both program planning and implementation.
- Source and attend relevant networking events to grow our relevance and involvement within our service area.
- Conducts activities that promote family involvement.
- Track all relevant community engagement data.
- Collaborate with other departments and lead marketing and outreach efforts.
- Monitor our website, fundraising sites, and social media accounts to enhance branch presence.
- Follow and enforce Association policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Integrate Character Development values (caring, responsibility, respect, and honesty) into program and interaction with participant and staff and be a role model with those values.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participants, members, staff, and supervisor.
- Conduct staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Four years of related fitness, community engagement, and administrative experience preferred.
- 3 years of experiencing supervising, training, and coaching staff.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to “ready to be healthy” individuals.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Requires basic knowledge of anatomy, exercise, and physiology.
- Nationally recognized personal training certification such as ACE, AFAA, ISSA, personal trainer and group fitness, NASM, or ACSM required within 180 days of employment.
- Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance, TB Test.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $64,480 to $72,758/year
Job Status: Full Time