Maintenance Staff-YMCA Early Childhood Education
The YMCA Early Childhood Education Program is looking for a full time Maintenance Staff to support our YMCA ECE Pre-schools. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Maintenance-person will perform maintenance and custodial duties for all five ECE Pre-schools. Involved in building repairs and equipment repairs. Assists in sanitation control and checks for safety hazards. Works with community service workers.
This is Full time opportunity with Excellent Benefits.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- May set up and take down furniture and other needed items for events.
- Keeps janitor’s room neat and orderly and reports supply orders to Facilities Director.
- Responsible for outdoor landscaping and sprinkler systems repair.
- Assists in control of sanitation for swimming pool and spa including vacuuming and filter care.
- Assists in checking YMCA for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
- Cleans and inspects vehicles.
- Performs air conditioning filter changes.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for Maintenance Staff who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas and enjoy discovering the best ways we can create a positive experience for our member. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, THE YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ITS WORKFORCE.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum age 21yrs or older to drive Y vehicles .
- Licensed for a minimum of 3 years to drive Y vehicles.
- Six months or more of related custodial or janitorial experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Criminal Clearance, health screening with TB test and Drug test screening
- Complete all online training(s).
- CPR and First Aid preferred.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
In addition to a competitive salary package, the YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Job Status: Full Time