Gymnastics Instructor (Boys & Girls)-Lakewood Family YMCA Gymnastics Center
The Lakewood Family YMCA is a rapidly growing and progressive branch that is looking for individuals who can positively contribute to our team. The Lakewood YMCA Gymnastics Center is looking for a Gymnastics Instructors to work and instruct gymnasts between the ages of 6 to 18 years of age who will provide members a revitalized experience. Under the supervision of the Program Director, Gymnastics Instructors will be responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement. This is a part time opportunity with a varied work schedule.
- Instruct YMCA gymnastics participants in accordance with YMCA program standards.
- Ensure adherence to YMCA progressive standards and quality.
- Plan, manage and implement structured, educational and recreational programs.
- Prepare lesson plans and provide instruction and age appropriate progressive skill development in the sport of gymnastics.
- Provide a safe environment that allows members and participants to learn YMCA programs.
- Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable YMCA experience.
- Evaluate program skills.
- Incorporate character development objectives into the program to reinforce the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Participate as part of the YMCA team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment.
We are looking for a Gymnastics Instructor who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas on how to create a better experience for our members and welcome new approaches. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
- Education & Certifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance
- Health screening with a TB Test and Negative Drug Test Screening.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Gymnastics background and/or organized sport involvement required.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. gymnasium and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $12 to $13.38/hour
Membership to YMCA
Job Status: Part Time