Fitness Program Coordinator- Los Altos Family YMCA
The Los Altos Family YMCA is hiring a full time Fitness Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Director, Fitness Coordinator will oversee all group exercise classes, including our new corporate wellness program in partnership with Boeing at 4 Boeing fitness centers. We are looking for a Fitness Coordinator who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the students and parents is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members and participants. We embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better experience for our members and participants. If this sounds like a good fit for you please apply!
This is a Full time position!
Fitness Coordinator will oversee the following Boeing Locations:
- - Boeing Huntington Beach, 14600 Bolsa Chica St., Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- - Boeing Seal Beach, 2201 Westminster Blvd., Seal Beach, CA 90740
- - Boeing El Segundo, 930 N Selby St., El Segundo, CA 90245
- - Boeing Long Beach, 2019 E Wardlow Rd. Long Beach, CA 90807
- Program Development: Create, expand and supervise all fitness programs at the Los Altos Y and their Boeing fitness locations. Establish and maintain Association standards.
- Hiring & Supervision: Recruit, Train, evaluate and recognize all staff necessary to deliver quality programs. Assure that all staff maintains proper certifications, as set by Association.
- Fiscal Management: Develop annual department budgets and manage all activity related to supervised programs. Meet year end budget goals. Participate in special events such as Annual Support Campaign
- Administrative: Complete operations and marketing plans and timelines, member involvement activities, report statistics and follow program trends.
- creating a safe and positive environment, teaching/instructing/training, overseeing our new Boeing corporate wellness program.
- Follow and enforce safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensure proper care and use of assets.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
We are looking for a Membership Coordinator who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity of culture and thought.
Skills / Requirements
- College Degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current Certification in indoor cycle or Yoga required. Certifications in indoor cycling, yoga and personal training preferred.
- Minimum 21 years of age. Two or more years’ experience working as a group exercise instructor and personal trainer preferred. 1 or more years’ experience in administration preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation in order to commute between the Los Altos Y and all 4 Boeing fitness locations.
- Current First Aid, CPR required or must be obtained within the first 30 days of hire and kept current.
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must complete criminal clearance including fingerprints, health exam screening with neg TB test and negative drug test screening,
- Complete the online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training..
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $14 to $17/hour
Pay Comments: Pay Comments:The YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Job Status: Full Time