Enrichment Instructor - Los Altos
The Enrichment Instructor is responsible for planning and implementing engaging, educational, and recreational activities for school-aged children. The ideal candidate should have experience working with children, a passion for education and youth development, and strong communication and organizational skills.
• Developing and implementing lesson plans that align with the YMCA's educational standards and curriculum.
• Providing a safe, nurturing, and positive environment for children.
• Encouraging children to actively participate in all activities and programs.
• Supervising and mentoring children to promote their growth and development.
• Communicating regularly with Program Director and Principal about participants progress and behavior.
• Collaborating with other program staff to ensure the overall success of the After-School Enrichment program.
• Conduct a range of activities that promote family involvement, membership by design, and relationship by design.
• Present enrichment activities to students utilizing a variety of methods and techniques, including lecture, discussion, supervised role play, and hands on learning.
• Follow and enforce Association policies and procedures for health and safety.
• Integrate Character Development values (caring, responsibility, respect, and honesty) into program and interaction with participant and staff and be a role model with those values.
• Maintain open lines of communication with participants, members, staff, and supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 1 year of experience working with school-aged children in an educational or youth development setting.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• CPR and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain them within 30 days of hire.
• Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g., childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $15.50 to $17.63/hour
Job Status: Part Time