Cycling Instructors- Fairfield Family YMCA
The Fairfield Family YMCA is looking for Part time Cycling Instructor(s). Candidates will provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Typical Work schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday: Evenings schedule
- Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Provide instruction to members on fitness and wellbeing.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
We are looking for Lifeguards who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the students and parents is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members and participants. We embrace new approaches and ideas to create a better experience for our members and participants. If this sounds like a good fit for you please apply for this position.
Skills / Requirements
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- One type of national certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification required.
- Certification in areas of expertise.
- At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes required.
- Clear Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting), Health Exam with Neg TB test, Negative Drug Screening.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $18 to $22/hour
Complimentary membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time