Child Watch/Kids Club -Los Altos Family YMCA
The Los Altos Family YMCA is looking for part time Child Watch Staff for their Kids Club. Candidates will be responsible for the supervision and safety of infants and young children in a day care / childcare setting. We are looking for dynamic leaders who can deliver excellent supervision while members with infants and young children take advantage of the Los Altos member services.
- Supervise and play games and do activities with infants and young children.
- Interact with children.
- Responsible for the accountability, health and safety of all children in the program. Notify direct supervisor of any injuries and/or incidents.
- Ensure the program has necessary supplies and equipment; report any issues to their direct supervisor.
- Maintain children’s files and attendance records.
- Maintain facility cleanliness including sweeping floor, vacuum carpet, wipe tables at the end of each shift. Adhere to toy cleaning schedule. Mop floor/sweep as needed. Direct any major repairs/safety issues to a supervisor right away.
- Follow center and Association policies and procedures for health and safety and nutrition.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for Child Watch Staff s who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas and enjoy discovering the best ways we can create a positive experience for our member. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required or work permit.
- CPR/First Aid certification required within 6 months of employment.
- At least 16 years of age.
- 6 months experience working directly with infants and children.
- Criminal Fingerprint Clearance, Health Exam with Negative TB test, and Negative Drug Test Screening.
- Complete all required online training(s).
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: from $13/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time