Certified Personal Trainer - Lakewood YMCA
The Lakewood Family YMCA is growing and progressive Branch that is looking for passionate and dynamic individuals who can positively contribute to our team. We are looking for part time Certified Personal Trainer(s) who possess a charismatic charm that will capture the attention of members and keep them coming back for more! Under the supervision of the Group Fitness Coordinator, Certified Personal Trainer(s) will provide personal training instruction to members and participants, in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
This is a part time position.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and basic exercise science.
- Ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of members.
- Execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective way.
- A desire to help members reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise.
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Provide instruction to members on fitness and wellbeing.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a Certified Personal Trainers(s) who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas on how to create a better experience for our members welcome new approaches. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity of culture and thought.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement:Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration:Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness:Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth:Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- National certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification required.
- Certification(s) in areas of expertise required.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
- Five plus years of experience teaching group wellness classes required.
- Degree in related field preferred.
- Clear Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting), Health Exam with Neg TB test, Negative Drug Screening.
- Complete all online required training(s).
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $21.95 to $25/hour
Job Status: Part Time