Camp Program Coordinator - Camp Oakes
Supports all logistical and operational aspects of Summer Camp and Outdoor Education programs with a focus on Camp Site, camper family logistics, and scheduling.
- Coordinates all camp schedules and logistics
- Lead on all camp registrations and sign ups
- Coordinate camper family needs and requests
- Responsible for running, maintaining, and advancing Camp Site software project
- Assists with summer marketing and distribution efforts, camper recruiting efforts.
- Coordinates and interfaces with LBUSD for the new OE program
- Summer Lease group management
- Maintain web site
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Board of Managers meetings and events
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participants, staff and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies (Supervisor):
Mission and Community Oriented: Models honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
Practices inclusion and cross-cultural understanding. Models best practices of engaging and partnering with members and community. Assists in the orientation, training, and development of volunteers.
People Oriented: Uses positional authority appropriately. Effectively engages group dynamics to develop diverse teams. Effectively tailors communications and influence strategies to the audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Results Oriented: Monitors qualitative and quantitative expectations. Encourages and supports curiosity, creativity, innovation and calculated risk-taking of others. Provides others with frameworks for decision making. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to generate funds. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Personal Development Oriented: Manages emotions appropriately. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
- Education & Certifications: Bachelor degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance, TB Test. Must attend a new employee orientation within the first 90 days of employment.
- Experience & Background: Three plus years of related experience. Ability to exercise effective, independent judgment, and to work independently, with limited supervision. Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office products skills. Ability to anticipate, initiate, and structure work to be performed.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $16.51 to $23.76/hour
Job Status: Full Time