Assistant Administrator - YMCA -Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education program of the YMCA of Greater Long Beach is looking for a part time Assistant Administrator. Candidate will assist and help in the relationship between the branches and the business office with regard to all financial transactions and provides program support to Executive Director and Site Directors. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the students, parents and other staff members is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members and participants. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position! Relevant experience is preferred.
This is a part time position- ( approx. 20hrs/week )
- Assists in managing branch accounts receivable. Reviews the weekly cash reconciliation and ensures weekly deposits of all cash and follow ups on returned checks.
- Assists in the coordination of month-end closing and reviews the branch financial statements. Assists in the preparation of monthly and quarterly CDE fiscal reports. Ensures ELCD compliance regarding eligibility and need.
- Reviews payroll for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates and supports assigned aspects of the annual support campaign at the branch.
- Provides administrative support to the branch executive director.
- Provides program support to Site Directors.
- Assists branch staff and assists the point person at the branch for software and implementation of new web-based programs.
- Assists in updating the branch’s social media pages and website.
- Assists in recruiting, training and providing support to Eligibility Clerks.
- Oversees office functions such as office equipment and supplies, etc.
- Assists in management of purchasing of supplies and equipment for the branch.
- Assists in creating marketing/promotional material for recruiting purposes. Serve as the point person for community and family inquiries and make linkage to appropriate services.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Models and teaches YMCA values. Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Ensures high-level services that differentiate the YMCA from other providers. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition.
People Oriented: Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Builds relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Results Oriented: Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Personal Development Oriented: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Education & Certifications: Bachelor Degree or equivalent required.
- Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance
- Health Screening with Negative TB test and Negative Drug Screen Testing.
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Two years or more years related business management or office management experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and applications including cash reconciliation, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Experience with standard business software and office machines..
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $15 to $17/hour
Pay Comments:The YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Job Status: Part Time