YMCA Expanded Learning Site Manager
As a Site Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the expanded learning program. Daily program components include: academic tutoring, mentoring, healthy lifestyles education, and other academic enrichment curricula and activities. In addition, you will be developing staff through observations and coaching. A strong emphasis on safety, meeting and maintaining program requirements, building relationships with various stakeholder and program quality is demanded of this position. The candidate MUST be available between 12:30pm - 6:30pm, Monday through Friday (Everyday)
After School Sites are located in the city of Long Beach.
- Responsible for program development, planning and supervision in accordance with ASES requirements, partner agencies and YMCA standards.
- Responsible for supervision of staff and children in the program, curriculum planning and implementation and public relations.
- Responsible for accurate counts on all children that attend.
- Conduct a range of activities that promote family involvement, membership by design, and relationship by design.
- Ensure the program has necessary supplies and equipment; report any issues to their direct supervisor.
- Prepare and develop lesson plans that are age appropriate and consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Follow site and Association policies and procedures for health, safety, and nutrition.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Responsible for supervising part time employees and volunteers.
- Assist with hiring, training and scheduling program staff and volunteers.
- Conduct and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Ensure that administrative requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for Site Managers who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additionally, demonstrate proof of 48 completed college units or pass district’s Instructional Aide exam. Childhood Education/Child Development units preferred.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification required within first 3 months of employment.
- Clear the Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting).
- Conduct health exam and TB test.
- Clear Drug Test Screening.
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Pertussis, and Influenza.
- Complete New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Minimum of six-months experience working with and supervising adults.
- Experience with MAC and PC format computers is preferred.
- Bilingual with English/Spanish preferred.
Pay: $15.50 to $15.76/hour
Complimentary use of the YMCA facilities and program discounts.
Job Status: Part Time