Swim Team Coach
We're looking for a Swim Team Coach to help take our team to the next level. Below is a detailed job description... but don't let all the details steer you away. We have an AMAZING aquatics team here at the Y and our swimmers are ready to push! We participate in USA Swimming as well as the SoCal YMCA Swim League.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere for coaching swimming.
1. Coach participants in swimming.
2. Prepare for and coach all assigned groups. The use of lesson plans, session plans and evaluation sheets may be necessary.
3. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
4. Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants, families and other staff.
5. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
6. Serve as the first responder in the event of an emergency at the branch.
7. Ensure scheduled shift is covered at all times.
8. Check the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
9. Provide emergency care and treatment as necessary and until medical professionals arrive.
10. Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
11. Maintain open lines of communication with participant, coaches, referee, staff and supervisor.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 18 years of age.
2. High school diploma or equivalent required.
3. Current lifeguard certification from either the YMCA or the American Red Cross, including First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and AED are required and must be maintained and kept in a current status.
4. Complete YMCA coach training within 90 days of employment.
6. Criminal clearance including fingerprints.
7. Health screening with TB test.
8. Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
9. Public relations skills and/or experience working with a diverse population desired.
10. Two or more years experience working in an aquatics facility required.
11. Past competitive swimming and coaching experience strongly preferred.
Pay: $13 to $18/hour
Job Status: Part Time