Sports Staff - Lakewood Family YMCA
Creates a safe and positive atmosphere for participants to learn to play sports. Promotes character development, safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating with coaches, players, and helps maintain order and creating a safe, inclusive and fun environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that participates are on the team roster and if applicable in uniform.
- Ensure all rules including participant, Parent Code of Conduct, Coaches Contract and posted rules are followed. Responsible for informing referee/coaches of any penalties/improper substitutions.
- When score keeping, complete score sheet including the final score of the game.
- Monitor and track YMCA sports equipment, making sure items are turned in at the end of the game or event.
- Responsible to prepare site prior to start of game or event, preparation includes but not limited to cleaning the area, and making necessary preparation for planned activity.
- Must show emotional maturity by controlling frustrations and diffusing situations where others feels tension or stress. Show positive attitude toward the game and all its participants.
- Report any unusual incidents to the Program Director (i.e. altercations between players, officials, parents or injuries).
- If working in a sports instructor role , provide sports instruction in a planned and age appropriate way.
- Follow and enforce safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participant, coaches, referee, staff and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age, over 18 years of age preferred.
- Must be currently attending high school or equivalent, or have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED are required and must be maintained and kept in a current status..
- Criminal clearance including fingerprints
- Health screening with TB test.
- Strong communication skills.
- Public relations skills and/or experience working with a diverse population desired.
- Sports background and/or organized sport involvement required.
Pay: $11 to $12.50/hour
Job Status: Part Time