Site Director- Los Altos Family YMCA
The Los Altos YMCA is looking for a full time Site Director. As a Site Director, candidate will supervise program participants and staff at a school age before and after school licensed childcare center, write curriculum, daily lesson plans, supervise staff team of teachers, and provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. We are looking for someone who will keep safety a top priority at all times and works well the children, parents, coworkers and school staff.
- Supervision and safety of young children in an after school setting.
- Program development, planning and supervision in accordance with Title 22 requirements and partner agencies and YMCA standards.
- Keeping site and program in compliance with State of California Licensing Regulations; correcting any deficiencies in the required manner, forwarding all inspection notices to supervisor.
- Supervision of staff and children in the program, administration of records and financial management (including the preparing and adherence to a yearly site budget), curriculum planning and implementation and public relations.
- Accurate counts on all children that attend as well as following up with absent children.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor as well as organize and run volunteer programs such as PAC (program advisory committees) and fundraisers.
- Engage with parents and student body through planning events, writing newsletters and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in hiring, training and scheduling program staff and volunteers.
- Conduct and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Ensure that administrative requirements are met.
YMCA Competencies ( Team Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Models honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.Practices inclusion and cross-cultural understanding. Models best practices of engaging and partnering with members and community. Assists in the orientation, training, and development of volunteers.
People Oriented: Uses positional authority appropriately. Effectively engages group dynamics to develop diverse teams. Effectively tailors communications and influence strategies to the audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Results Oriented: Monitors qualitative and quantitative expectations. Encourages and supports curiosity, creativity, innovation and calculated risk-taking of others. Provides others with frameworks for decision making. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to generate funds. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Personal Development Oriented: Manages emotions appropriately. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
We are looking for a Site Director who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the children, parents and coworkers is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our participants. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, THE YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ITS WORKFORCE.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred and/or units required. 15 units completed in Childhood Education/Child Development units and/or related courses required, including six units in core courses of Child Human Growth and Development and Child, Family & Community or Child & Family Relations. 3 units in Supervision/Administration of a Child Development Program also required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with and supervising children in a childcare center. With an exception of: 2 year experience required with an AA Degree, and 1 year with a BA degree.
- Complete CDSS Steps 1 & 2 within first month of employment.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification and Health & Safety Class required within first 3 months of employment.
- Criminal Clearance: including fingerprints
- Health Exam w/ negative TB test and negative drug test screening.
- Complete on-line child abuse prevention training and new employee orientation.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. While in this position the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Pay Comments: Pay Comments: Believing that our people deserve the best, the YMCA offers an exceptional benefit package. In addition to a competitive salary package, the YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individual
Job Status: Full Time