Member Services Representative - Lakewood YMCA Gymnastics
The Weingart-Lakewood Family YMCA is looking for full time Member Services Representative for the Lakewood YMCA Gymnastics Welcome Center. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can deliver excellent service to the growing membership base. The ability to multi-task and utilize a computer is a must. The Member Services Representative responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
This is full time position.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Listening to potential members, interviewing and/or giving tours - selling memberships.
- Building relationships with members; helping members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Handling and resolving membership concerns and informing a supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, ensures all supplies are available at the front desk.
- Attend all staff meetings, straining and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participant, staff and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a Member Services Representative who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas and enjoy discovering the best ways we can create a positive experience for our member. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, THE YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ITS WORKFORCE.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths
and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- 1 year experience in customer service or related experience preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Marketing experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Physical exam w/negative TB screening, negative drug test screening, Criminal clearance including fingerprints.
- Complete online new employee orientation and child abuse prevention training.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $12.21 to $14.44/hour
Believing that our people deserve the best, the YMCA offers an exceptional benefit package. In addition to a competitive salary package, the YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Job Status: Full Time