Les Mills Body Pump Instructor - Lakewood Family YMCA
The Lakewood Family YMCA is a rapidly growing and progressive Branch that is looking for individuals who can positively contribute to our team,and instruct Les Mills Body Pump classes that will provide the members an energetic experience. Under the supervision of the Healthy Lifestyles Director, the Instructor is responsible for instructing Body Pump in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement. He/she will be responsible for managing those functions in accordance with the stated mission and policies established by the YMCA.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Asks and answers questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Maintains neat and orderly group exercise class equipment, supervising members to return equipment in an orderly fashion
- Visually monitors class participants for their general condition, technique and ability to follow.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- An excellent communicator and positive leader with a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Celebrates achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows payroll procedures and is accurate in recording work hours.
- Follows all protocols for subbing requests when unable to work.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attends all staff meetings, required trainings and maintains relevant certifications required for the role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate and support the Annual Campaign.
We are looking for a Les Mills Body Pump Instructor(s)who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Must possess current Les Mills Body Pump Certification
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
- National certification (ACE, AFAA, NETA,) in group fitness instruction highly recommended
- At least one year of experience teaching Pilates
- Criminal/Fingerprint clearance, Health Exam with cleared TB test, and Negative Drug Test Screening
- Complete Online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention training.
YMCA COMPENTENCIES (LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $21 to $26/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time