Lakewood Family YMCA- Custodian
The Lakewood Family YMCA is a rapidly growing and progressive Branch that is looking for a part time Custodian staff who can positively contribute to our team. Under the supervision Facilities Director, Custodian will clean and sanitize assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities such as maintaining and up keeping of female locker rooms.
Schedule-Hours : Friday through Monday- 11am -3pm.
Preferably female applicants. Will be maintaining and up keeping female lockers rooms.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Performs minor repairs and painting projects.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- May set up furniture for events.
- Maintain organization of YMCA storage areas.
- Responsible for ordering cleaning supplies.
We are looking for Custodian staff who demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members is important. The YMCA staff strive to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer!!
Skills / Requirements
- Female applicants, preferred
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Fingerprint clearance, Health Screening with Negative TB test and Negative Drug test screening.
- Complete all required online trainings.
- CPR and First Aid preferred.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. While in this position the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: from $12/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time