EXTRA/YMCA Expanded Learning Program Leader
The EXTRA/YMCA Expanded Learning Program is currently hiring for Program Leader positions to work with elementary and middle school aged youth. As an Expanded Learning Program Leader, you will be supervising a group of 15-20 youth between grades Kindergarten through 8th, assisting in the coordination and implementation of the day-to-day operations of the after school expanded learning program. The candidate MUST be available between 12:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (Everyday), in the Greater Long Beach area. Actual schedule varies by site.
*SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE. CREATE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Assist supervisor with planning and implementing the program for students in accordance with organization and agency policies.
- Comply with site policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment.
- Develop engaging lesson plans that are age appropriate and meet organization and agency guidelines.
- Supervise students at all times.
- Create a welcoming environment for students.
- Maintain open lines of communication with site stakeholders.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings and other organization/agency functions as required by supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate a desire to be role models, coaches, and mentors for students!
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additionally, provide proof of 48 completed college units or pass the Long Beach Unified School District Exam. Childhood Education/Child Development units preferred.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification required within first 3 months of employment.
- Clear the Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting).
- Conduct a health exam and TB test.
- Attend a New Employee Orientation within the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Minimum of six-months experience working with and supervising children.
- Experience with MAC and PC format computers is preferred.
- Bilingual with English/Spanish preferred.
Pay: $12.50 to $12.60/hour
* Based on education and experience *Complimentary use of the YMCA facilities and program discounts.
Job Status: Part Time