Child Watch Staff- Fairfield Family YMCA
The Fairfield Family YMCA is looking for Child Watch Staff who can supervise and ensure the safety of infants and young children in a daycare/childcare setting while their parents are working out.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Supervise, play and do activities with infants and young children.
- Interact with children.
- Responsible for the accountability, health and safety of all children in the program. Notify direct supervisor of any injuries and/or incidents.
- Ensure the program has necessary supplies and equipment, report any issues to their direct supervisor.
- Maintain children’s files and attendance records.
- Maintain facility cleanliness including sweeping floor, vacuum carpet, wipe tables at the end of each shift. Adhere to toy cleaning schedule. Mop floor/sweep as needed. Direct any major repairs/safety issues to a supervisor right away.
- Follow center and Association policies and procedures for health and safety and nutrition.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
We are looking for a Child Watch Staff who demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the children, members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strive to meet and exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and ideas that will help us to create a the best experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR/First Aid certification required within 6 months of employment.
- At least 16 years of age.
- 6 months experience working directly with infants and children.
- Criminal Clearance, Health Exam with Neg TB test and Negative Drug test Screening.
- Complete online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse pPrevention training.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $11 to $12.74/hour
Membership to the YMCA.
Job Status: Part Time