Certified Group Fitness Instructors-YMCA
Under the supervision of the Fitness Coordinator, The Los Altos Family YMCA is currently looking to bring on instructors to teach at 2 Boeing fitness locations as part of a new corporate wellness program partnership between the Los Altos Y and Boeing. Classes include but not limited to HIT, BOOTCAMP, and FUNCTIONAL FITNESS. Must be able to instruct 55 min group classes in addition to setup/breakdown and member engagement time. Must provide excellent service to members and Boeing employees in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Hours: Part Time Hourly- Instructors are compensated 1 to 1.25 hours per class to account for setup/breakdown and member engagement. MUST be able to travel to Huntington Beach and Seal Beach.
- Boeing Seal Beach, 2201 Westminster Blvd., Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Boeing Huntington Beach, 14600 Bolsa Chica St., Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Primary job responsibilities will includes:
- Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Keep up with evolving music and fitness trends.
- Provide instruction to members on fitness and wellbeing.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by Supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for Cycle Instructors who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new ideas on how to create a better experience for our members welcome new approaches. If this sounds like a job for you please apply!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity of culture and thought.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have current Exercise Instructor Certification
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
- Must pass a pre-employment practical.
- At least one year of experience teaching group classes.
- Must complete criminal clearance including fingerprints, health exam screening with neg TB test and negative drug test screening,
- Complete All required online trainings.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $21 to $22/hour
Additional Benefits: Instructors are able to sub or take on additional classes at other YMCA of Greater Long Beach locations as desired. Included: Membership to the YMCA
Job Status: Part Time