Camp Kitchen Assistants- YMCA Camp Oakes
YMCA Camp Oakes, located in Big Bear City, is looking for Seasonal Camp Kitchen Assistants to deliver excellent service to all camp participants. Staff will respond to participants needs, prepare food, assist with keeping the kitchen clean.
Come spend a summer in beautiful Big Bear, CA. (2 hours east of LA, 3 hours south of Vegas) Sitting at 7,400 feet in the San Bernardino Mountain. For over 50 years, Camp Oakes has taken generations of children, groups, and families to new heights with new friends at their sides. Camp Oakes is the ultimate camp experience, providing high quality programs including horseback riding, rifles, archery, canoeing and more!
- Big Bear Locals Preferred.
- Set Schedule, No late shifts
- 8-hour shifts, Seasonal to start.
- Organize meal times in the dining hall and various cook-outs.
- Perform dining hall duties as assigned by your
- Assist in the orientation of each group on the proper techniques of the Dining Hall.
- Ensure kitchen supplies are kept at a usable level and when supplies are low to refill or notify supervisor to re-order.
- Ensure dining hall and kitchen supplies, equipment are kept in a clean and orderly
- Report all incidents immediately to the immediate
- Inspect activity areas; ensure no hazards are present and set boundaries and the safety and well being of the
- Ensures that respect for the backgrounds, and needs of all participant and staff are integrated into both program planning and
- Maintain positive role model and
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by
- Maintain open lines of communication with participant, staff and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for Camp Kitchen Assistants who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the children, parents and coworkers is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising. Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others. Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age, 18 years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- County food handlers card
- Ability to connect with people of diverse
- Criminal Clearance including Fingerprints
- Health Screening w/Negative TB test and Negative Drug Screen Testing
- Complete all required online training(s).
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $14 to $14.33/hour
Why work at Camp Oakes? Paid training, , great location, pay increases for returning staff and we take pride in our staff. Summer runs June 1st through mid August.
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal