Associate Executive Director - Los Cerritos Family YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is looking for a full time Associate Executive Director for the Los Cerritos Family YMCA. Candidate will be responsible for overseeing assigned areas of a YMCA branch, which may include membership, marketing, programs, and/or facilities. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies. Must be able to engage, inspire, and build commitment to the Y cause with volunteers, members, and staff. Provide a dynamic leadership that drives a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that delivers a consistent cause-driven experience. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible. Demonstrate in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
** Must submit resume in order to be considered. ***
Los Cerritos Family YMCA:
15530 Woodruff Ave
Bellflower, CA 90706
Phone interviews anticipated week of :January 6, 2020
Face-to-face anticipated interviews week of: January 20, 2020
Decision anticipated: Early January 24, 2020
Deadline for resumes: December 23, 2019
Key Focus Areas:
- Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
- Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
- May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
- Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
YMCA Competencies (Multi-Team or Branch Leader)
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors. Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others. Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
ASSOCIATION/BRANCH INFORMATION/LIVING AREA
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is a $23M organization with 763 employees. The Los Cerritos Family YMCA is focused primarily on on-site and off-site child care, day camp and youth basketball. It also operates out of two large pool facilities for two of the cities in its service area.
Long Beach/Bellflower area is situated in Los Angeles County in Southern California, on the Pacific coast of the U.S. Long Beach is the 37th-largest city in the nation and the fifth-largest in California with a growing population. Long Beach and Bellflower are located about 20 miles south of downtown Los Angeles and 105 miles north of San Diego. They are bordered by Orange County on the southeast edge. There is an abundance of entertainment, recreation, sports events, cultural activities and educational opportunities nearby. The blend of big city convenience with the friendly, relaxed atmosphere of a coastal community is unmatched. Area housing costs are typical for the Los Angeles/Long Beach area.
If you are an outstanding team builder, a confident decision maker and a relentless visionary who can take a unique opportunity and grow it to its fullest potential, this may be the position for you! The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATE:
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in recreation, business or a related field, or equivalent.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications plus normal clearances to work with children.
Experience & Background:
- Five or more years of progressive management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other non-profit association.
- Ability to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Experience with capital campaigns; capital projects and facility development, highly desirable.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with diverse populations.
- A deep-seated motivation to thrive in a high demand, high reward work place.
- Background check through Livescan
- Health Screening with Negative TB and Negative Drug test screening
- Complete All online required training(s)
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $64,000 to $73,000/year
In addition to a competitive salary package, the YMCA of Greater Long Beach provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability (medical 90% employer-paid for the employee), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, a generous paid time off package and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
Job Status: Full Time